As a society, we have a moral obligation to protect our planet. We only have one earth to live on, and unless the government plans on letting us in on how to survive on Mars, we better start making some serious changes. There are some basic changes that we can make as individuals that can help stop climate change. If we all made these simple changes, we could get off to a great start to healing our planet. Here are 10 easy changes we can all get accustomed to,
1. Change your light bulbs to compact fluorescent bulbs.
2. Don’t drive when it isn’t necessary.
3.Recycle your own waste, and buy recycled items when possible.
4. Check the air pressure in your tires regularly.
5. Use less hot water.
6. Avoid buying products with excess packaging.
7. Keep your thermostat at 68 degrees in the winter and 78 in the summer.
8. Plant a tree. Add more oxygen and absorb more carbon dioxide.
9.Turn off electric devices when not in use.
These changes will not change our everyday lives, they are simple and if practiced and normalized, can be easily internalized by our society.
Learn what these changes actually do for the environment HERE