In this country, a large part to our environmental damages are due to America’s dependence on oil. Oil is what powers our vehicles, and no matter how much gas prices inflate, we continue to support or oil dependency, pay the high prices and hope the politicians will make them lower. Although we can do less about the price per barrel of oil from overseas, we can make changes that will help America reduce its need for oil, causing the demand to go down, which will have a trickle down effect which will lower gas prices and greatly reduce the need for fossil fuels. Although fossil fuels will probably never be obsolete, the goal is to reduce the need for them, and in turn healing our planet and create a whole new job market beneficial to our country. Here are 10 ways to reduce your dependence on oil:
1. Switch to a push mower to mow your lawn.
2. Plant a garden instead of grass.
3. Walk, bike, or take public transportation whenever possible.
4. Avoid buying plastic toys and goods when an alternative is available.
5. Don’t use plastic bags, reusable bags.
6. Avoid tar roofing in favor of a tile product (metal or clay).
7. Switch to soy-based printing inks instead of petroleum-based.
8. Avoid products made from nylon, a petroleum-based material. Instead, look for alternatives, such as luggage made from recycled plastic.
9. Ditch nylon and polyester clothes!
10. Wax the floors with beeswax instead of a petroleum-based wax. Click HERE for source article and 10 more tips.