Controllig Water Expenditures
-By Luisa Fabiola Gonzalez
According to an article called Protecting Our Waters, conserving water could do the following:
“Conserving water within a municipal water system will reduce household expenses, increase treatment plant efficiency, and reduce the amount of electricity and chemicals needed to treat wastewater”.
This is why the following simple tips should be taken into consideration:
- Keep showers to under 5 minutes
- Use only a little water in the bathtub
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth
- Put water in the sink when washing up
- Flush the toilet only when necessary. Don’t use it to flush tissues For more information, you can also visit the LADWP offers and programs. Remember, using water wisely can save you money.